Thursday, May 1, 2008

Almost a Month!

Almost a month since I last did a blog post - where has April gone?

Spent the long weekend making hand bags.

My first ones I made were from the D'Arcy-Jean Milne book "Fabric Leftovers" using all my scraps of fabric and lace and fat quarters that I had won as door prizes at our local craft group and having fun with the stitches on my machine. Really happy that the local sewing shop (which is closing down - very sad) has found the attachment to go on my machine from the computer so that I can change the embroidery stitches when I want.




I have found some other patterns for larger and different shape bags so had fun making them

Larger bags

I have more of the larger ones cut and ready to sew. I have altered the pattern so that a whole bag will come out of a fat quarter so using up some of my stash.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
love your bags! The one you gave me made out of my old piece of material was being used to hold my scarf knitting, and when the scarf was finished, I used it to hold my crochet doilies. Almost finished those too.
Angela

Debbi Baker said...

Hey Annie - how did miss this post?? Lovely bags!